Category Archives: Community

Local News

The Paso Robles Drought, The California Drought

Everyone is talking about “the Paso Robles drought”.  Of course it has been very dry here the past couple of years, and truth be known, it’s not so unusual.  In fact, whenever I sell a house to someone living out … Continue reading

Posted in Community, Paso Robles, Real Estate News | Tagged | Leave a comment

What’s the Real Estate Market doing today?

2013 North County Third Quarter Real Estate Market Review  North County is a vibrant real estate market with a diverse array of real estate properties.  But in California, it’s always been about the water.  And as we have seen these past … Continue reading

Posted in Atascadero, Community, Paso Robles, Real Estate News, Templeton | Tagged | Leave a comment

RE/MAX Parkside Real Estate Client Appreciation Party

A good time was had by all last Friday night, at the RE/MAX Parkside Real Estate party, which is put on every year as a “thank you” to clients past, present and future. The party is held in the Old … Continue reading

Atascadero Nearly Drought Proof

In a day when water tables are dropping in the Paso Robles aquifer, and this area has had many years of less than average rainfall, Atascadero  seems to be in no trouble at all.  Perhaps it is due in part … Continue reading

Posted in Atascadero, Community, Real Estate News | Tagged | Leave a comment

Templeton California Child of the Railroad

Templeton California was fathered by the railroad in 1886. As the Southern Pacific Railroad was building to the  south, the location of Templeton, halfway between Paso Robles and Atascadero, was designated as the End of the Line.  Passengers would there … Continue reading

Posted in Community, Real Estate News, Templeton | Tagged | Leave a comment

Atascadero California Still in Transition

Crazy name and a really interesting town, Atascadero California was the brain child of E. G. Lewis in 1913.  He had previously successfully started a town in Missouri, and when he found this property in Central California, he put investors … Continue reading

Posted in Atascadero, Community, Fun Stuff to Do, Real Estate News | Leave a comment

Real Estate Current Trends in Coastal Central California

The areas that I frequently blog about, and more specifically today the real estate current trends, are all along the 101 corridor.  This area is north of San Luis Obispo and runs up to just north of San Miguel.  All … Continue reading

Posted in Atascadero, Community, Paso Robles, Real Estate News, Templeton | Tagged | Leave a comment

Where is Main Street in the City of Paso Robles?

When I first moved here, I realized that the City of Paso Robles, formally known as “El Paso de Robles” or the ‘pass of the oaks’ didn’t have a Main Street.  And then, when I read up on the history … Continue reading

Victorian Renovation on Vine Street

I just listed an amazing Victorian renovation on Vine Street in the heart of downtown Paso Robles.  This is one of the most popular areas of Paso Robles and you can walk from here to the central park where everything happens.  … Continue reading

Posted in Paso Robles, Real Estate News | Tagged | Leave a comment

The Latest and Greatest Ag Tour of 2013

Last week I was finally able to attend the Ag Tour of 2013 which is hosted by the Paso Robles Chamber of Commerce.  The tickets have always sold out before I could purchase one, so this year I was determined … Continue reading

Posted in Community, Fun Stuff to Do, Paso Robles | Tagged | Leave a comment